Read this article on Jxcore to solve your problems why roku remote is not working? How to reset a roku remote? How do I replace roku remote? Find Answers to all questions below.
In case that you are using Roku, there are some frequent issues that could happen, and the most common one is a possibility for remote to stop working. Even though it is an easy fix that doesn’t require too much time, you can still be frustrated with it. The solution is easy and you will be able to do it in three minutes. There are many different forums and blogs that will give you some bad advice, and that is the reason we decided to present you what you must not do, ever. Please, DO NOT do anything from the following.
If you perform a factory reset that could interfere with the entire perception of your device, and you may not be able to handle everything. In some cases, you have to take it to professional in order to return it to working and stable function. In the same time, a factory reset will not make any difference.
If you are using Starz and want to know How to Activate Starz on Roku read this article.
Don’t swap out your remote and buy a new one, because that way you will only lose money. In most cases, the remote is not the problem by itself, which means that your new remote will still not be able to work afterwards. That is the reason you shouldn’t do that.
Try these tips to quickly get your Roku remote working
Here is what you have to do in order to fix your Roku remote:
1. Check Batteries
- First, you have to remove batteries from the remote in order to check whether that is the main issue.
- Look carefully into the compartment of the remote controller and locate all purple buttons that it is circled in red.
- Sometimes batteries won’t last a long time in Roku remotes that are the reason why you should check it frequently.
- Sometimes, also, Roku screen won’t respond to input from batteries that you have added, which means that you just have to remove and insert batteries in order to see whether it works or not.
- In case that your batteries are new, you shouldn’t worry because you will be able to make it work when you add them.
- You will be able to know when batteries are getting weak because the distance that it used will be reduced. When you find out that, just buy a new pair of batteries and insert them. It will work without any additional problem.
2. Roku IR Sensor
- There are some moments where your Roku IR (Infra-Red) sensor is clear. That means that you will have to orient your Roku device in the right direction.
- The first thing that you have to know is that IR remote works through shining infrared beam of light, which means that you can remove your receiver inside the Roku.
- We humans cannot see the IR wavelength. However, Roku added LED light in the front of Roku device that will light up every time that it receives a signal from a remote controller.
- In case that there is no signal, your remote IR is not working.
3. Hidden Pairing Button
- There are some cases when your Roku has to be paired with the remote controller that you use.
- In order to do it, you have to remove the battery cover from Roku remote in order to access the hidden pairing button.
- It is important to unplug your Roku player from the wall for 15 seconds, while you are pressing Hidden Pairing Button.
- You just have to plug it back and push the holding button for five seconds.
- The idea between pairing is useful, especially if you have two different Roku models in the same room or house. When you pair them, the remote control will only work with Roku that you have paired it with.
Recommended: Best roku channels 2017
4. The Last Resort – Ditch the Roku Remote
This is the last option that you have. In case that remote still don’t work, it is time to buy a new one. However, there are also lots of solutions such as installing apps of Roku remote on your iOS and Android device.
It is a far more convenient way because you cannot lose it and it is always near you.
If the back of your Roku remote gets warm or hot during normal use, follow these steps:
- Discontinue use of your remote
- Place remote on a hard surface and let cool. Do not attempt to remove batteries while hot!
- Contact Roku Customer Support.
Roku Remote Control App is far more superior to traditional remote control. The reason for that is because you will have a perfect backup, in case that you lose the one in the cushions. We have presented you Roku remote not working tips, and you can easily find the best way to fix it.